Island life inspires romance. The sun, sea, and surf set the mood. Walking hand in hand along the shore, staring into your loved one’s eyes during a sunset sail or a seaside candlelit dinner — well, it does wonders. You’ll feel like you’re starring in a movie that gives you goosebumps.
If you’re ready for a passion-filled vacation, the only decision is, which resort on which Caribbean island? No worries – here’s where to go. I’ve been to all of the resorts below, and they get more than a golden seal of approval.
1. Aruba Ocean Villas
Forget the crowd — the adults-only Aruba Ocean Villas in Savaneta, Aruba, is off the beaten path, and a dynamic duo of jungle and ocean.
With just 13 villas, you two may feel like you have the place to yourselves. Shake off stress with a couple’s massage in a cabana where the gentle breeze tickles your toes. When you’re ready to play, grab a kayak, paddleboard, or snorkeling gear. Though Savaneta is away from the action, it’s a quick drive to spots like Arikok National Park and the Ayo Rock Formations.
- The private overwater dining cabana at Old Man and the Sea restaurant is downright dreamy.
- I loved the queen-sized canopy bed and piano in my villa. Each villa is unique.
- Picnic Aruba does a pop-up breakfast picnic at Surfside Beach. It’s a bit fancy, yet fun.
- Ready to dive? Rocky Beach is a 5-minute drive from the resort.
2. The Ritz-Carlton, Turks & Caicos
Providenciales, Turks And Caicos
You know what to expect with a stay at the Ritz-Carlton: high-touch service like you’re an A-lister. The Ritz-Carlton on beloved Grace Bay in Turks And Caicos doesn’t disappoint.
Start with the spa. The Ultimate Retreat for Two is a private, customizable 110-minute service that includes personalized full-body and scalp massages, complimentary Champagne, and other goodies.
BLT Steak satisfies the most discerning of palates, as will a meal at Coralli, with its Italian, Greek, and Middle Eastern cuisines.
If you’re feeling lucky, hit the Ritz’s casino. To explore, take a 30-minute ferry from Providenciales to North Caicos and Middle Caicos for secluded beaches, old plantations, and conch bar caves.
- The sunset sail on the Lady Grace catamaran on Grace Bay is magical. A full bar and hors d’oeuvres are included.
- A hot stone massage at the oceanside spa is a must.
- Make your way to Noah’s Ark, a full-service, floating beach club/restaurant in the middle of the ocean, off the coast of Little Water Cay. Get there by boat, water taxi, or jet ski.
- Go wing foiling on Long Bay Beach. Think windsurfing with wings. If you’re interested, check out Onda Water Sports.
3. Four Seasons Resort Nevis
Charlestown, St. Kitts And Nevis
For that perfect couple’s getaway, consider the Four Seasons Resort Nevis, with access to Pinney’s Beach and views of Nevis Peak. The Season of Love package includes a sunset sail, a picnic, private painting and cooking classes, a Spa Under the Stars couple’s massage, a candlelit dinner, and more.
In Nevis, “noise” is the lapping of waves. The tiny island’s mystique is created by the inactive volcano, the often mist-shrouded mountains, and Nevis Peak at more than 3,200 feet. Uncrowded beaches, forests, rolling countryside, wild donkeys, green vervet monkeys, and quietude await you. The absence of crowds keeps the vibe relaxed, perfect for lovers.
Take your pick of watersports. There’s land action, too, like hiking the peak of Mount Nevis.
- Sit seaside at Mango restaurant nestled by rocks and watch the sunset with a Kendie’s Kick: a cocktail with rum, vanilla rum, passion fruit, lime, and tamarind.
- Hit the green on the 18-hole Robert Trent Jones II signature golf course.
- Check out The Botanical Gardens of Nevis, with its tropical plants from around the world and stunning artwork.
- The Nevis Equestrian Centre offers horseback rides through beaches, trails, and villages.
4. Sandals South Coast
White House, Jamaica
You know you’re in Lover’s Land when there’s a wedding chapel. At Sandals South Coast in White House, Jamaica, the overwater wedding chapel is the stuff of dreams. The resort is all about dramatic effects, with an overwater bar and overwater bungalows.
Nature lovers, this resort is for you. You’re on a 2-mile stretch of Jamaica’s south coast and within a 500-acre nature preserve. Chill in one of three pools, kayak, dive, snorkel, or paddle board.
Bring your appetite, as there is 5-star dining and more than a dozen restaurants. Treat yourself to butler service. They dote on you big time, whether it’s getting a bubble bath ready or making sure you get a fresh coconut to enjoy the juice the island is known for.
My husband and I were spoiled. You get used to the pampered life quickly. Couples are everywhere, and the love is infectious.
While you’re in the area, spend time in nearby Bluefields. Chill with locals at Bluefields Beach Park and take a tour of the Bluefields Organic Fruit Farm.
- The overwater bar is cool. Swing in a swing, lay in a hammock, or just profile and watch the kayakers and the sunbathers. It was my favorite spot.
- Create lasting memories with the private, seaside, candlelit dinner with Champagne and flowers.
- YS Falls is less than an hour away. The seven-tiered waterfall cascades into swimmable natural pools.
- Ask the concierge about Island Routes’ reggae sunset catamaran cruise of the south coast of Jamaica.
5. Eden Rock
Baie de Saint Jean, St. Barthélemy
Eden Rock, the island’s first swanky hotel, still rocks, with its infinity pool, spa, private beach club, and extraordinary cuisine at the Sand Bar restaurant. You and your sweetie pie will love this vibe.
St. Barthélemy is not only for party folks, but beach-loving couples especially. Here you’ll find both rugged and calm waters among the dozen or so beaches. Some of the must-see beaches are Saint-Jean, Gouverneur, and Colombier. Sail, jet ski, windsurf, snorkel, dive, deep-sea fish, and kayak.
St. Barts may be small, but the food is big here, with some 80 restaurants — upscale French, Italian, Thai, Creole, and more.
- The Sand Bar restaurant is seaside, and the atmosphere is lively with pumping music. The food is sinful. I devoured the watermelon and goat cheese salad as well as the avocado pizza with jalapeño, onion, cilantro, and lime.
- Cool classes and personal coaching sessions for activities like pilates, hip-hop dance, or modern jazz dance are available.
- You’re a hot minute from Nikki Beach restaurant and beach club, where even at lunch there’s a DJ and quite likely someone dancing on tables.
- Go to Gustavia, the island’s hub with world-class restaurants, shops, and a postcard-perfect marina.
6. Serenity At Coconut Bay
Serenity at Coconut Bay in St. Lucia whispers total luxury. It’s called Serenity for a reason: There are just 36 plunge-pool suites, so no worries about crowds. It’s about you two.
This couples-only, all-inclusive resort is awash in greenery and includes lush, romantic, and lavish amenities, like butlers and a private “backyard” patio with a plunge pool, waterfall, hammock, outdoor shower, and wet bar. Suites are spacious and plush. Vaulted ceilings frame a four-poster king-sized mahogany bed, and the oversize soaker tub and shower are so big, they’re clearly invitations for two. If this setting does get the fires going, check your pulses.
Treat yourselves to the 7-day Grand Romance Experience package, where you can enjoy an ensuite couple’s massage and take a private chauffeured island tour that includes swimming under a waterfall and venturing to lookout points for awe-inspiring views of the mighty Pitons.
To up the romance factor, take a Champagne & Jazz Sunset Catamaran Cruise.
For more relaxation, stretch out along a private beach, unwind in your cabana, and finish off the night with a private, candlelit cabana dinner with butler service.
Have fun showing off your creativity with a Paint ‘n Punch session, putting brush to canvas. Then, when you’re ready to explore, head to Pigeon Island National Historic Park in Rodney Bay. A 20-minute hike through vegetation gets you to the remains of Fort Rodney and awesome views. The inlet’s coastline has small coves and two beaches. Bring a picnic basket of goodies, or grab a bite at Jambe de Bois, which overlooks the water.
- The backyard patio and plunge pool with a waterfall are to die for.
- The in-room massage is just one more reason to stay in!
- Do not leave St. Lucia without driving through the dormant Soufrière volcano. Sulphur Springs is a little below the crater. The stream that runs out feeds mud baths and hot springs that are full of minerals and are considered therapeutic.
- Adventure-loving couples can zip-line, climb the Pitons, or get a prime view of them during a sailing or snorkel. Ask your concierge about tour operators.
For more inspiration for your romantic getaway this year, read:
- The Perfect 5-Day Oahu, Hawaii Itinerary For Couples
- The Perfect 5-Day Aruba Itinerary For Couples
- 9 Most Romantic Things To Do In New England
- 7 Reasons Why St. Barts Is My Favorite Caribbean Island